Saturday, December 23, 2023

Hex24 Challenge

Summary: As a little jumpstart to my comeback into the blogspace, I intend to nourish my writing motivation by doing the Hex24 challenge. 
"Studies of Geometry" by Leonardo Da Vinci

I first heard about the Hex challenge via this YouTube video, somewhat in correlation to the similar Dungeon23 challenge. Although I like the basic idea of the challenge, I’m fairly certain that I won’t utilize it in that particular way, but use my simplified version of it instead.

There is only one rule: create at least one hex per day.

That’s it. I’ll be skipping the whole angle where I create my own character and explore the map daily, but instead focus on purely creating hexes. The goal is to keep it simple and just work consistently on it. It is primarily a personal exercise to stick to a blog-related project. However, since slapping down a single hex per day seems almost effortless (great, jinxed it already), I will leave myself some space to create additional content to make the thing playable and not just make it about the map (i.e. random encounters, factions, or whatever else …) or just go at it and create multiple hexes, whatever feels more manageable in the moment.

Also, in order to not spam out the blog, I will try to post my progress once per week. I guess this might be considered rule two of the challenge. This is a slightly optional rule, as I already know in advance that some weeks in 2024 I will be almost entirely without internet, but the majority of the time I will stick to the plan and anyone interested can follow along. Or join the darn thing if they like this kind of thing!

That’s it for now, I will try to squeeze in one more post before the challenge begins and write a small blurb about the setting and list what will be my main sources of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment